Crushed and roasted organic cocoa beans.
Grilled cacao nibs steak
- 2 tablespoons Michel Cluizel Cacao Nibs
- 2 teaspoons dried red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon ground (dry) mustard
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon allspice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons Kosher salt
- 1-2.5 pound tri-tip roast (fat cap left on)
Combine all ingredients in a food processor to make the rub. Generously cover the meat with the rub and wrap in foil. The roast can marinate overnight in the refrigerator.
Ready to be cooked (slowly at around 275 degrees for 40 min)